Featured Blogger Shoeless Simone

newnewheadre copy


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I












How do you get your inspiration for the outfits you wear ?
I get inspiration from all over! It probably comes most from other bloggers/Chictopians, but I'm also crazily inspired by past decades. The music and fashion (and everything else) from over 20 years ago is so amazing to me. I always say I wish I was born in 1948. That's why I take pictures with records and wear mostly vintage!


What made you start posting your pictures on chictopia ? 
I don't remember how exactly I heard about it, probably from other bloggers, but about a month ago I decided to create an account. Within a couple days I was hooked!


What blogs and websites do you follow and why ? 
My daily reads are Fashiontoast, Karla's Closet, The Cherry Blossom Girl, Nana in Wonderland, Liebemarlene Vintage, Suck My Savvy, and of course Chictopia. There are just certain blogs that really stand out to me, I haven't quite figured out why. I think I'm most drawn to blogs that combine fashion with great photography.







How would you describe your style ? 
I would describe my style as retro, girly, rock n roll, fun and carefree. My style can change so much from day to day, but I always love full skirts and dresses with bare feet (maybe because I've always lived next to the beach?). I love colors because they make me feel so alive and like it's always Summer. 


Does the hosiery you wear dictate the clothes,outfit you wear ?
Not all all. I feel like it's more of a compliment to my outfits. Sometimes tights will definitely make an otherwise boring outfit much more exciting, though. They add just the right touch.









What is in your hosiery drawer or closet ?  
My hosiery drawer is my most cluttered an also random drawer. It's just a jumble of tights I wear all the time, sparkly tights I've had since I was a little kid that most likely don't fit me anymore, and tights my mom owned in the 80s. I can't even recall half of the things that are in there, I should definitely organize it! Today I even found a miniature watering can in there


How do you choose your hosiery ? 
I try to chose tights that are unique but that I'll be able to wear with a variety of clothes. 

DSC_0022




Where do you shop for hoseiry ? 
Mostly Bloomingdales and American Apparel


What was the last item of hosiery you brought, how much you spent etc ?
A pair of bright blue DKNY tights at Bloomingdales for $5! They were on sale the day after Christmas. My next hosiery purchase will definitely be a pair of fishnets.




Do you prefer sheer or opaque tights,stockings or holdups,socks or kneehighs,sheer toe or reinforced ? 
I mostly have opaque tights, but lately I've been getting into sheer knee high socks


How does wearing tights make you feel emotionally ? More feminine,better with girly outfits not thought about it ?
Tights make me feel many different ways! They can make me feel like a ballerina, more elegant, or more bold or wild. It all depends on how I wear them and which tights or socks I'm wearing.


Do you physically like the feel of tights and touch ? Do your legs ache less, prefer than pants ? not thought about it ?
Tights are far better than jeans in my opinion. Jeans make me feel very restricted! 


When do you wear hosiery,daily-once a week etc ?
I mostly wear jeans to school, but besides during the Summer, almost whenever I wear skirts or jean shorts I wear tights





DSCN1354

What is your hosiery staple ? 
Black tights. I wear them aaall the time!