Featured blogger- http://lydia--lee.blogspot.com



- lydia lee
"Originality is something that is perpetuated by people who believe they possess it." 


How do you get your inspiration for the outfits you wear ?
I get the inspiration for my outfits from a lot of places, other bloggers, trends, era’s, nature, cities, celebrities, pictures, but mostly people. They don’t have to be bloggers, just people who look confident in what they wear. That always makes someone look better, the greatest accessory is confidence.


Who has had the biggest fashion influence on your outfits ?
I wouldn’t say there was one single person I’m influenced by, I love browsing through Lookbook for hours on end, because the style of the people on their just astounds me. I’m always influenced by what my friends wear as I have such love for what they wear also. I guess a celebrity influence would be people like Chloe Sevigny and Alexa Chung.

What blogs and websites do you follow and why ? 
I follow ‘LLYMLRS’ religiously, I check her blog everyday, not just for her style, but because she’s obviously such a down to earth girl. I also love ‘Gem Fatale’s Style Blog’, her tips are amazing and so usable! And lastly, ‘Dress The Way You Want To Dress’ because I love her clothes and style, and blog in general! She obviously puts the time in and explains about her clothes and inspiration!



Who are you style icons ?
Celebrity-wise would be Alexa Chung, Cheryl Cole, Blake Lively, Mollie King. And then from Lookbook – Kayla Hadlington, Lily Melrose and Olivia Harrison.

Would you describe yourself as a trendsetter or fashion follower ?
Hmm, good question, I wouldn’t say I was a trendsetter, but I’m not a fashion follower. Just because something is a trend I won’t wear it, but I would say that I have an eye for key pieces in the future.



How would you describe your style ? 
Quirky, different, vintage, mix and match really!

Does the hosiery you wear dictate the clothes, outfit you wear ?
Obviously if the hosiery is patterned or designed I wouldn’t want to overcrowd my outfit so I guess it does. If its plain black then normally I plan the outfit around the other pieces.

What is in your hosiery drawer or closet? It would be nice if you could take a photo and list the tights you own. 
I have tons of pairs of black tights, then loads with rips and ladders in! I love my grey knitted tights and I wear them all the time! I have black tights with lines on, ones with hearts on, dotty ones, ones with bows on and then black lace ones! I love my tights!

 

How do you choose your hosiery ? 
Normally by trying to picture what I will wear it with!

Where do you shop for legwear (favourite local online stores etc) ?
Mostly Primark and H&M; are great for cheap cute tights, that’s where most of mine are from! I am in love with the Topshop tights at the moment though, on the website theres a pair of white ones with faded blue patterned tattoo’s all over them, they’re my next buy!

What was the last item of hosiery you brought, how much you spent etc ?
I rarely spend much on tights, I love finding cute pairs that you can pick up cheaply. Last pair I bought were my heart ones and dotted ones from Primark last month. And yes, they are laddered already L


Do you prefer sheer or opaque tights,stockings or holdups,socks or kneehighs,sheer toe or reinforced ? 
Tights! I love patterned ones, but I love socks too, especially peeking out the top of boots!

Do you ever wear 10 denier tights or sheer hose if so how long do they last you ?
When I was picking them up quickly I accidently got 10 denier, I wore them once to school and they were gone! Laddered everywhere, but I’m a clumsy person anyway!

How does wearing tights make you feel emotionally ? More feminine,better with girly outfits not thought about it ?
I love it when tights are soft and comfy, I guess they make you feel more elegant than with your legs out, I always think black dresses look better with black tights anyway!


Do you physically like the feel of tights and touch ?  Do your legs ache less, prefer than pants ? not thought about it ?
Doesn’t really affect whether my legs ache or not, but I love it when you get a really soft pair, feels so good. When they’re new and you pull them on for the first time – there is no better feeling!

How would you describe putting on that new pair of tights straight out the packet ?
Oh haha, I just said there’s no better feeling. It feels like heaven because they are THAT soft, and they separate perfectly as you pull them up, its so perfect.



When do you wear hosiery, daily-once a week etc ?
Everyday for school because I don’t like my school trousers, almost every Saturday because I prefer them to trousers and being winter I can’t go bare-legged! Just not Sundays, because I have work at a garden centre – so not really appropriate haha!

What is your hosiery staple ? 
40 denier black tights.

What are your style tips for wearing tights ?
Don’t overcrowd your outfit if you have patterned tights on, I always think the darker black the tights the better, tights always look great with boots and black tights and black heels set off an outfit to look so elegant!


How do you put on tights?
Put my hand right through the right leg, scrunch it all up so I can put my foot in and then pull the tights up my leg, then do the same for the other leg! Sorry they’re not very good instructions!

Whats the strangest place you have worn or put on a pair of tights?
Once I realized when I was in a lift going up loads of floors, that when I put my tights on, I’d managed to transfer the hair band on my wrist onto my leg under my tights! So I did a quick change to get it off and it was all okay! It was cutting off the circulation to my leg!

How would you feel if you could never wear tights again ?
Cold!!!

Do you remember either buying or wearing you first pair of tights ?
No L I was probably about two! I remember pictures of me wearing these gorgeous grey and pink tights though, how cute.

Do you keep a spare pair of tights in your bag ?
Nope, I quite like them when the ladder haha!


The best and worst things about hosiery, Love-hate ?
I love how convenient they are, and how good they look with certain outfits. Hate that because I have really long legs and not very wide legs, that I find it hard to find ones that fit me! I always have to buy XL so they’re long enough! And that means they are always to big round the leg.

Do you thinks its fashionable or acceptable for guys to wear tights, views ?
Hmm, everyone does what they want in fashion these days, everything is acceptable! Why not eh?


Do you recycle your tights ?
I guess so, I wear them even when they’re laddered if that’s what you mean? J

http://lydia--lee.blogspot.com