How to wash tights




As much as I hate cold weather I do love to wear tights. However, tights are one of the hardest things to wash because you have to take special care of them. First of all there is the debate of how often you should wash your tights. Some people wash them between each wear, and others barely ever wash them at all. For me, how often I wash them varies each time. I try to wash my tights after every few wears.Its not as simple as just throwing them in the washer though.
Sometimes I will wash a pair after only one or two wears if I am also washing other pairs that I have worn more often. It is easier and much less time consuming to just wash them all one after another than each one on separate days.
Washing tights and stockings can be nerve wracking because they are made of such a delicate material. While I try to not splurge too much on an article of clothing I know I could easily destroy the firs time I wear them, some of my tights were a little pricey and I am careful to keep them in good shape.
To safely wash your tights and not have to worry about tears and runs simple take each pair and individually soak them in a sink full of lukewarm water.
Now, add a laundry detergent that is both strong and gentle. Something made especially for delicates is ideal. Pour this into the sink and let your tights sit and soak in it for around a half hour.
Once your tights are completely soap and water logged, remove them from the sink and rinse them in cold water. Rinse until all the suds are gone.
Now, simple wring them nice and gently to remove as much water as possible. It's a good idea to remove any rings from your fingers that might catch on your tights and snag them. Also, be careful if you have long fingernails.
Hang your now clean tights in your shower or over a towel rack to dry.

If you really don't have time to hand wash you tights and stockings you can risk putting them in the washing machine. However, always put them inside a bag made especially for washing delicates, or a pillowcase if you don't have one.

Oringina xo