Featured Chictopian Kookulai


grad 030

http://www.chictopia.com/kookulai

How do you get your inspiration for the outfits you wear? I draw inspiration from everywhere: print ads, TV/movie characters, people on the streets, bloggers, the list could go on and on. My latest inspiration actually came from the style of Angus Young, the guitarist for AC/DC.

4172649616_2688d8a6a3_o

What made you start posting your pictures on chictopia? The feedback from Chictopia is amazing, and refreshingly welcoming. I never had such an influx of comments when starting on other fashion sites, and that sort of interaction is exactly what I was looking for when I started blogging; I still get more comments on my chicblog than my actual blog!

4272334572_1f71a92de6_o

What blogs and websites do you follow and why ? My favorite blogs are http://selectivepotential.blogspot.com, http://delightfully-tacky.blogspot.com, http://thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com, http://wardrobesandwhimsy.blogspot, and http://adoredaustin.com. What I appareciate about all of them is that their content moves past solely their clothing, and you can really get an idea of how their personalities would be if you met them in life.

4327216034_a372c48464_o

4326482479_fd2748bc72_o

Would you describe yourself as a trendsetter or fashion follower ? I don't consider myself trendy and am wary of the coming and going of fashion. But by this same token I'm not exactly following so I don't think either is an accurate description of my style.

4351283737_dbb312580c_o

How would you describe your style ? I try to stick to the classics and throw in a little twist. I'm very into neutral and monocromatic looks with a tailored look.

4409216192_9f712938ce_o

4408450355_9e83d8c7ce_o


Does the hosiery you wear dictate the clothes, outfit you wear ? Very much so, all through out the fall and winter! A lot of times I pick the tights I want to wear and style the outfit around my choice.
What is in your hosiery drawer or closet ? It would be nice if you could take a photo and list the tights you own. (I attached a photo of the tights listed here, and the list reads from left to right.) betsey johnson leopard print, hue cranberry, target teal, gap patterned grey, gap patterned navy, target fuschia, gap teal, urban outfitters black patterned, hot sox grey patterned, gap black patterned, wal-mart purple, gap brown patterned, wal-mart grey. Also not pictured: many, many pairs of hue black tights, american eagle polka dot tights, and target brown.

4381077024_8283bfb6ae_o

How do you choose your hosiery ? Since most of my clothing is falls into the neutral category, I tend to pick out tights that will mesh with that color palette. I also am very partial to certain brands, namely Gap and Hue.

Where do you shop for hoseiry ? Obviously Gap...Marshall's has a lot of amazing choices - everything from Hue to Kate Spade! - as does Target.





kookulai 2103

What was the last item of hosiery you brought, how much you spent etc ? The last pair was from UO, they were $14 and are a black floral pattern.

Do you prefer sheer or opaque tights,stockings or holdups,socks or kneehighs,sheer toe or reinforced ? I haven't worn stockings in ages! I actually used to get in trouble for not wearing them to formal chruch/school events. I am definitely all about the full length, opaque tights. I've tried knee socks and some of the thigh highs, but truthfully my legs are not thin enough to pull that look off!

How does wearing tights make you feel emotionally ? More feminine,better with girly outfits not thought about it ? I always feel very confident when wearing tights. They make micro minis seem suddenly appropriate. I also feel tights are the distinction between being adult in your fall/winter skirt wearing and childish. I recently went to my highschool brother's swim banquet and was horrifed to see the girls bare legged. I could only stare and think, "Are they for real? Aren't they cold? Don't they realize they look ridiculous!?"

4385005045_423cc7f034_o

When do you wear hosiery,daily-once a week etc ? I don't wear jeans outside of work, so any and every place I go I wear tights! Daily, for sure.

What is your hosiery staple ? As lame as it sounds, my Hue black tights get a lot of use, whether it be on their own or layered under something patterned. I own a shameful amount of them.

4396723638_66037d0c32_o

What are your style tips for wearing tights ? If the tights are a bit out there - leopard print or neon - let that be the only stand out in your ensemble. (Unless, of course, the "too much" look is what you're going for.)