Featured blogger idee_geniale






4271310507_351b14bf9a_b

How do you get your inspiration for the outfits you wear ? It highly depends on my moods. Sometimes I go very vintage and classic, other times I try to be a little more contemporary. I love the 50's fashion, and find that I try to recreate elegant, classy looks for today's world.

4043702918_c85999ef5a_b

Who has had the biggest fashon influence on your outfits ? Well,obviously Zooey Deschanel would be my top style icon but I also like Kirsten Dunst's looks and Chloe Sevigny.

4189817075_3d1f28cc1f_b

What made you start posting your pictures on chictopia ? I thought it was a really great outlet to share my style with likeminded people. I "stalked" the site for a while before I decided it was time to start a profile of my own.

4043702896_8036bdeea5_b

What blogs and websites do you follow and why ? Too many! Some that I really like these days: Le Love, Daydream Lily, Rockstar Diaries, Lulu Letty, Hannah & Landon, FrouFrouu... the list goes on. It all depends on what I'm feeling at the time. Right now I just broke up with my boyfriend so I'm kind of in a dreamy, hopeless romantic mode. I want to see pretty pictures and be taken away to a dreamworld. The above blogs sort of do that for me.

4049289855_fa21e9c569_b

Would you describe yourself as a trendsetter or fashion follower ? Well, I really hate the word "trend". If anyone would describe me as "trendy" I think I would get insulted. I never deliberately want to be part of a "trend". I think my style is just me showing my moods.

4040062241_7d484e83c3_b

How would you describe your style ? Vintage, feminine, and practical.

4043702880_f9ff5274fe_b

Does the hosiery you wear dictate the clothes,outfit you wear ? I think it's the other way around. I will always 'complete' my outfit with a great pair of tights.

4153287568_6cb8d0d8e4_b

What is in your hosiery drawer or closet ? It is a drawer and I can never get it to completely shut! It's overflowing with tights at the moment. All kind of colors, textures, a socks, some knee highs and some thigh highs that I just can't seem to pull off yet.

How do you choose your hosiery ? I get really excited when shopping in the hosiery section of a store. I buy what I know will be easily workable with other pieces in my wardrobe. I try to buy things that really catch me eye and that I know I will wear often

4049289825_e59dec64dc_o

Where do you shop for hoseiry ? Macy's has a great selection for HUE tights, H&M;, F21 for cheapies, Uniqlo's are great and cheap as well!

4057605471_f00b1ef782_b

What was the last item of hosiery you brought, how much you spent etc ? I was in Vancouver at Winners (discount store) last week and bought a pair of thick Ivory and pink striped tights by Juicy. I think this is the first ever Juicy item I own but I couldn't resist these tights! They were $18, the most expensive pair I own right now. I haven't worn them yet...maybe sometime this weekend!

4106054963_eb8ba69c54_b

Do you prefer sheer or opaque tights,stockings or holdups,socks or kneehighs,sheer toe or reinforced ? Definitely opaque tights are my favorite, they're easier to accessorize in an outfit. I'm geing into the textured tights alot more this season too.

Do you ever wear 10 denier tights if so how long do they last you ? Oh my, I think the Betsey Johnson heart tights must be 10 denier since they lasted me about 8 hours before I got a huge run in them! I'm definitely not a dainty lady meant to wear such sheerness!

4174793666_1768fa02a0_b

When do you wear hosiery,daily-once a week etc ? In the fall/winter probably on a dailt basis since I wear so many dresses/skirts.

What is your hosiery staple ? A girl should have at least one pair of thick charcoal or black knit tights. They'll go with everything and keep you warm in the colder months.

4195305346_a00912f593_b

What are your style tips for wearing tights ? They're so versatile that you can practically never go wrong by adding tights to an outfit. Experiment and you might surprise yourself.

Do you keep a spare pair of tights in your bag ? No, I never think that much ahead of time. I wish i did!

The best and worst things about hosiery, Love-hate ? Their short life span (hate), their versatility (love).

Do you recycle your tights ? Hmm, I haven't but maybe I should!