Featured blogger jennifhsieh




Jens Blog: http://jennifhsieh.blogspot.com
Jens Chictopia: http://www.chictopia.com/jennifhsieh

How do you get your inspiration for the outfits you wear ?
I usually close my eyes, spin around, and then pick the first thing I'm pointing at and plan an outfit around it. Actually, I'm lying, I usually just go with my gut feeling and what I'm in the mood to wear. Fellow bloggers also provide tons of new ways to remix my clothes, that's one of my favorite parts about being part of the fashion blog community.

096

088

093


Who has had the biggest fashon influence on your outfits ?
Oh wow, there are way too many to name. I'm just going to go with other fashion bloggers in general.

What made you start posting your pictures on chictopia ?
I found the site through some random links and I loved it...thought it'd be something fun to do!

026

What blogs and websites do you follow and why ?
I follow a ton of blogs such as What I Wore, Selective Potential, Our Paper Moon, just to list a few. I swear there are hundreds, haha :)

002 (1)

Would you describe yourself as a trendsetter or fashion follower ?
I'd probably say neither. I don't really follow fashion that closely but I'll take a few trends and incorporate them into my outfits. I don't see myself as a trendsetter either. I don't really think I stand out from any of the numerous fashion bloggers out there. There are some fantastic women out there who I would say are trendsetters though!

080109108

How would you describe your style ?
Comfortable and Casual. I usually stick to the very basics and my tights do a lot of the talking.

039

Does the hosiery you wear dictate the clothes,outfit you wear ?
Sometimes. Sometimes I'll really want to wear a certain pair of tights so I'll plan an outfit around them. Sometimes it's the opposite way around.

13


How do you choose your hosiery ?
First of all, the quality of my tights is very important to me. I've gone through my fair share of ripped tights and they are never fun. Second, I choose colors that I'll actually wear that will fit my look and go well with my closet. Third, patterns! Anything that catches my eye!






Where do you shop for hoseiry ?
I get H.U.E. tights from Macy's (2 for $20)! I absolutely love their tights and they never disappoint me. I heard good reviews for We Love Colors tights as well and I'm hoping to try them out soon!

What was the last item of hosiery you bought, how much you spent etc ?
I bought two pairs of H.U.E. tights (2 for $20). One was Navy and the other pair was Raspberry.



Do you prefer sheer or opaque tights,stockings or holdups,socks or kneehighs,sheer toe or reinforced ?
During the winter I prefer opaque tights because they keep me a little bit warmer. I have to say sheer tights are my favorite though due to their comfort level. They aren't too overwhelming either!




Do you ever wear 10 denier tights or sheer hose if so how long do they last you ?
 I haven't worn 10 denier tights recently but I have in the past. The pair I bought only lasted me for one night out, but they probably weren't that great of a quality.

10662239827_lg

How does wearing tights make you feel emotionally ? More feminine,better with girly outfits not thought about it ?
Definitely more feminine. I don't really think about it much but when I put tights on I feel like it gives me outfit a little bit more edge and sometimes a little bit more sophistication depending on the tights.

Do you physically like the feel of tights and touch ? Do your legs ache less, prefer than pants ? not thought about it ?
I absolutely love the feel of tights, they make your legs so smooth and protected. They're also more comfortable than most pants because they are less restricting. It's like being able to be naked in public...but not really, haha. :)



When do you wear hosiery,daily-once a week etc ?
I definitely wear hosiery at least twice a week, either that or I'm lounging around in jeans.

Whats your hosiery staple
You can never go wrong with a pair of sheer black tights. In fact, I have three pairs just in case!



What are your style tips for wearing tights ?
Decide if your tights will be the main focus of your outfit or just an accentuating factor to the rest of your outfit before you pick them out. And be careful so they don't rip!



Do you keep a spare pair of tights in your bag ?
I don't, but that's not a bad idea! I actually don't carry around bags that often (I'm not much of a bag person, I just shove everything into my pockets - but I guess I could shove extra tights into my pocket if need be, haha)

9354491333_lg

The best and worst things about hosiery, Love-hate ?
Hosiery can rip easily , but it also depends on the quality of the tights. I got a great tip from a fellow blogger to freeze your tights before you wear them for the first time (stick them in a ziploc bag) and then in between wears. It helps keep the fabric stronger. I'm not sure how or why, but it seems to work! :) I don't really find too much flaw in hosiery though. My tights are my best friends.

019-1

Do you recycle your tights ?
Recycle? I mean, I tend to wear my tights even if they're ripped, it's kind of like the destroyed tights look. Sometimes they end up looking like the skank look but that's okay sometimes too. ;)